like it? pin it!

Dec 20, 2011

Designer Dog Cookies ... for humans!

Dear Chicago House,

Will it suprise you to know my creativity also extends to food? Do you like these yummy dog cookies that were made for a cookie exchange?

cookie with dog design
cookie with dog design

Here is how I made them.

  • I started with a base of a simple sugar cookie 
  • Added a layer of chocolate frosting
  • The ears are made of tootsie rolls, heated for a few seconds in the microwave and then rolled flat 
  • The nose is half a marshmallow covered in chocolate frosting and topped with a black jelly bean
  • The tongue is a pink jelly bean
  • The eyes are black jelly beans cut in half with a small dab of white frosting for the highlight.
They were a huge success at the cookie exchange!

Love from

Creative in Chicago

XX


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word they look so cute and I bet they would taste so sweet! Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete