like it? pin it!

Feb 28, 2014

Treasure Alert: Linocuts and Prints

Dear Chicago House,

There is nothing like cold day (again) to go digging through an old box of treasures in the basement. Look what I found today, some old linocuts designs I carved many moons ago. What's more I even found some prints I had made of them

Here is a linocut of some swirly flowers

linocut swirl block
linocut swirl block
 and the prints

print from linocut  swirly flowers
print from linocut- swirly flowers

A lino cut of jumbled letters
linocut jumbled letters
linocut jumbled letters
and the prints


I used sheets of linoleum and removed the areas I wanted to show as white on my designs. The following video gives a really good overview of the techniques ...although I find  the design she used to illustrate the process rather macabre!



Miss Chicago teen has created quite a few linocuts at school but using a polymer material as the carving base...it is very easier and quicker to carve. I'll post her designs another day!

Love from

Creative in Chicago

XX

0 LOVELY COMMENTS:

Post a Comment