like it? pin it!

Jan 12, 2012

A winter color pick up

Dear Chicago House,

Now I can't really complain...we have had no snow this winter and even had the odd day where " no coat was required" ...gasp! However on your grey days, where there is a smell of snow in the air and the weather man guaranteeing our first storm, I need a color pick me up. A quick visit to your recently decorated dining room can give me a quick fix but here is something else that works equally well. A small bunch of beautiful irises



I got these at Trader Joes where you can pick up a  great selection of blooms without blowing the budget.

Aren't these just lovely!

Love from

Creative in Chicago

XX

3 comments:

  1. Oh, was it the Trader Joes on Lincoln that is just a few short blocks from my house ...?

    I promised myself fresh flowers each week after I quit smoking after 20+ years last year on Valentine's Day ... much cheaper than a pack a day in Chicago!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, why didn't my comment stick blogger? Why are you toying with me?

    I just want to share with Creative in Chicago how much I endorse her love of fresh cut flowers. It resonates with me ... you see, I quit smoking on 2.14.2011 ....

    After 25 years ...

    And my quit enticement was always having fresh cut flowers in our home. A reminder of my commitment ...

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers are much better that cigarettes! Bravo for quitting Linda... it deserves 2 comments!

    ReplyDelete